Is this fungus on his leg? Help please.

LeoTheDoctor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm concerned this could be the start of fungus, but I've seen some pictures from others and it doesn't look as cottony as theirs. That's why I'm uncertain. The weirdest thing is that the tank's temperature is perfect (always varying from 17 C° to 20 C° exactly) and water parameters are also good since I change the water regularly (every week). Please, if someone that knows more about fungus can help that would be great.
a830dd9e-3dcd-4e90-9053-0e806b858d4b.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any other photos of that spot and do you have any of the whole axolotl? Is that the ONLY effected area? How old is your little guy?

It doesn't look like much to me but I've never personally seen skin fungus, only gill fungus. What are your water parameters, like your ammonia levels. My first thought is irritation from ammonia but I've also never seen that in person either.

I just tested it. Ammonia is 0.001 ppm it's very low since I change the water regularly. He is 4 months old. I noticed since a few hours ago that white thing vanished from his body. And yes that was the only affected area. Look at him now. He is a happy little man with his cold water. :)
Thanks for the help.
Jimmy.jpg
Jimmy2.jpg

Oh what a cute little guy! He looks quite content. I think he will be fine. Just keep an eye on it, be vigilant but don't worry too much. You're welcome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back