Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Is this fungus?

Grantsky

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if this looked like fungus to anyone? I’ve had my Axolotl for about 2-3 weeks and he’s eating half a worm a day, swims about as usual, temp is about 17, water quality is completely fine and I do 20% changes weekly. I’m just not sure if this is fungus or not by his leg.
9CA31830-EF25-4E0D-8AD1-160C6A0DB6FB.jpeg

Murk

Reaction score
Looks like a normal pigment spot to me, not fungus.

In general, we can help best if you post full water parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temperature, pH, GH/KH, dechlorinator if you use it).
"Completely fine" doesn't tell me much, after all.

Grantsky

Reaction score
Amonia, nitrate and nitrite sitting at 0, water temp is at 17 Celsius, I do use decholirator and water PH sits around 7.4 but could have changed since the last time I checked. Thanks for the help though! I’ll keep monitoring him and make sure nothing changes.

Calgarycoppers

Reaction score
Looks like normal pigmentation to me as well.

If everything is testing zero across the board its the calm before the storm an uncycled tank will cause.
Please read through some of the threads about cycling and see how it has affected axolotls when they are in the tank when it becomes a problem.

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
@Grantsky

Is all well still? Did you manage to figure out what the tank cycle is and what the numbers should be for axolotls. I know ammonia and nitrite need to be as close to 0 as possible but nitrates are like between 20 and 60, I think. I hope someone will confirm that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!