Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

It's Breeding Season!!!

J

jason

It's breeding season and love is in the air...or the bucket. I currently have a mini breeding project in my back yard. Pseudacris crucifer...Spring Peepers that is! Just thought I'd let you guys know, and keep you updated on how things are going. Last I checked I had one pair in amplexus...

D

dane

thats cool, I find spring peepers all the time, this upcoming spring i hope tp find some breeding and get some good pics

last spring i spotted one with its vocal sac inflated but i didnt have a camera
sad.gif
oh well

good luck with them

J

jason

Thanks! I'll be taking some shots of the ones I found and post them here...

G

garrison

Maybe another month or two before they come out here. I think that was one of the first frogs I kept when I was little. We were keeping it in a little critter keeper downstairs. It croaked in the middle of the night and woke my parents up. They almost called the police because they thought someone had broken in.
biggrin.gif

J

jason

biggrin.gif

That's hilarious! My parents were surprised at how loud they were. They were peeping all night a few nights ago, and I just showed them the actual animals and my dad was dumbfounded....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1