Java Moss ball

shells

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,
I currently have a Java Moss ball growing extremely well in my tank. I was wondering if it is at all possible to trim the current moss ball and use the cuttings to create another one? Has anyone done this before, and if so, how?

short answer, yep you can

Java moss balls are different than japanese moss balls, to make another java moss ball you are going yo need like a styro foam ball or pingpong ball and fishing line to tie it all togeather, the centers are hollow.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Yep you can. You know those practice golf balls with all the holes in them (they are completely hollow)? I was told to use one of those and some cotton to tie it on (cotton will eventually disappear). The other option is a ping pong ball (washed thoroughly) and some netting over the top, thread the moss through the netting. That stuff clings quite well to material.

Good luck!!

Fingers crossed it'll all go well....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back