Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Java moss

C

chris

OK I started with a nice lot of java moss. Its in a well-lit tank with a filter. It seems healthy, but it never grows and appears to be disappearing...no snails in the tank. My only idea is that its being suckied into the filter, but I don't see any when the filter is washed...
Chris

A

alan

In most circumstances, this is a very slow growing plant. How long have you had it Chris? And what's the temperatute in the tank (grows best around 20C).

J

jesper

Java moss is a slow starter for me, I had the same problem but then a couple of weeks later java moss where everywhere ;)
Patience!
happy.gif

C

chris

Ahhh its about 24 in there. It used to grow like wildfire, but it seems to be reducing itself, though looking hewalthy
Chris

J

jesper

I am not sure I agree, I keep mine at 20C just like Alan. But I have heard that 20C is minimum for this tropical plant. Optimal range is supposed to be 20-28C.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!