Just curious...

Falkor's name is from The Neverending Story. The way he moves reminded me of the dragon in the movie. I just hope he does turn out to be male (too small to tell still) because the name has already stuck...

The 4-eyeds (Anableps anableps) I had definitely had a good memory. They knew me and my dog, but whenever anyone else or another animal would go into the room, they'd get scared and try to hide on the bottom of the tank. Quite funny to watch (they have no swim bladders, so they swim along the surface like a snake)- they reminded me of people trying to stay underwater, using their fins to push them down. Cute! My puffers also knew me and were very distrustful of strangers, hiding in their caves when newcomers were about. Each had a very distinct personality. Those guys were intelligent- they'd actually look me in the eye and stare me down when they wanted food. Cute little guys!

Falkor is reacting more to me everyday, so it'll be interesting to see how he develops from here
happy.gif

mine love being hand fed when u put ur hand in the tank they come and sit on it then try and look underneath and fall off lol its so cute
lol.gif

Do you think that if your axolotl sees you too much he might not ever recognize you? I've had my axie for two months, and he doesn't display any of this behavior. Sometimes he fails to recognize food. His tank is right by my desk, and he sees me all day (when he was a juvenile his container was actually on my desk). If I'm around all the time, will he fail to recognize the feeding part?

lauren,

you have only had your baby a little while, give him time. Some axies are quicker at picking this up than others, for example i know quite a few peoples axies will pick food up off the bottom of the tank... mine on the other hand have never done this and i cant seem to get the to learn.

Both my axies also come to me when it is feeding time, but othertimes when it isnt food and just me tidying there tank up they still come and see if i have ayting for them.

The trick is to jut keep trying

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back