Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Kaiseri tank requirements

jackj921

Reaction score
I got 4 six month old kaiseri about a year ago. They were kept fully aquatic before I got them from what I was told, and I have continued to do that too; I have seen them on the floating ramp probably less than 10 times in a year now. These guys move around a bit always in slow motion, are not shy but it seems like the 20 high tank, 3/4 filled with water, is much more than they need. Do you think I could house and breed them in a 10 gallon tank?

Why go smaller? Water parameters are harder to keep in check the smaller you go. They will grow. I don't know how big yours are at this point but I would think 10 is too small for 4. I have 5 in a 29 gal tank. Which seems just about right.

I would lose the floating dock. Mine never leave the water ever...

I would certainly keep them in the 20gallon tank, and i would raise the water level. Keep the floating ramp if you want, it´s always best to provide the option, even if they seem to never use it.
A 10gallon for 4 animals is possible...but requires more work and it´s not ideal. I wouldn´t recommend it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2