Kaiseri water setup?

Red Eft14

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Senad
So I'am going to move me kaiseri to there aquatic stage from there terrestrial stage.I want to know what are there aquatic requirements.Do they like there tank heavily planted?What kind of plants should I use(please suggest to me plants that don't need to be planted since I'am going with a barebottom setup)?Is it okay if I use only hornwort?How often should I do a water change And when I do can should it be 25% water change weekly?Also I heard people use stacked slate rocks too.I already went to caudata culture but it didn't answer those questions.Thanks.

I feel that plants are not important for Neurergus. If you consider their wild habitat, it tends to be rocky. We probably don't have a good idea of kaiseri habitat though, it could include pond-like places too. Any plant that does well under your set of conditions would be fine, and no plants at all would also be fine.

Water changes would be the same as for any aquatic animal. The goal is to keep the nitrate level below 40 ppm. In general, changing at least 10% per week (or 20% every two weeks) will usually do the job, although doing more than this won't hurt. If you are putting them in a new setup, remember that new tanks can have problems with ammonia and nitrite, so these should be measured, or other precautions taken:
Caudata Culture Articles - Cycling

Ok thank you for the information.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back