Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Labeled Tanks

Do you label your aquariums?

• Yes I do label them

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • No I do not label them

Votes: 106 86.2%

• Total voters

frogman

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone labeled their aquariums. I recently purchased a label maker and plan to label all the aquariums/tubs in my newt room.

Evan

sde

Reaction score
No, not really. I have once or twice in the past, but I took them down as I didn't like the look. Plus I don't have a large enough collection to forget what's in a tank :blob:

Though if I got some that weren't so unattractive I might label my tanks for fun. I just don't have any right now that don't ruin the look of my tank. -Seth

FrogEyes

Reaction score
Once upon a time, I did. Now, I don't. However, I may have to as certain parts of my collection [such as eastern large Plethodon] grow, since some are almost impossible to identify without knowing their locality.

frogman

Reaction score
I got the label maker today, will be looking pro by tomorrow. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3661.jpg
    IMG_3661.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 409

morg

Reaction score
All of my newt-dartfrog, and tarantula tanks are labeled with latin and common names.
Not because I may forget what is in them, but incase anything happens to me.
Then it will be much easier for my daughter to rehome them, knowing what each species is
Nothing as posh as a label maker for me though, just handwritten, then stuck onto the tanks and vivs lol

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
All of my tanks are labeled with common and scientific name, date of birth/captivity, and number and sex of occupants. And on one tank, I keep a running list of when I fed and water changed, who ate, who didn't.

But I'm not even as fancy as Morg, I just write it on the tank with a sharpie.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea of birth dates, it's something I will do now I have more than one generation of captive bred newts.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use frog tape (easy to remove) and a sharpie marker, just species and year of breeding. I keep more detailed records in a 3-ring binder.

Theoneandonly

Reaction score
I only got two tanks, Guppies and frogs, and I'm new to the whole keeping tanks thing. No need to label anything, yet...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1