Illness/Sickness: Leg Issue!

psychoboyjack

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

Attached are a couple pictures of my monster's leg. I'm not sure how this injury happened, as there's just two of them in the tank of the same size, and nothing substantial has changed in their environment. The reason for this aside, I'm wondering what my course of treatment should be; should they be isolated in the fridge to heal, or amputate, or simply leave it be.

The leg seems to be "okay" for now, but I don't know if it will deteriorate or not. I'd rather not have to amputate, as I would have to do it myself as there is no alternative.

Please advice as to what treatment I should start!

I read about similar issues that other owners have had, but none of them were as "light" as this one - the others were very deteriorated and I'm worried that this will end up the same way.

Thank you! :)

J

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 212
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 217
I suspect this is a bite from a tank mate, I would keep a very close eye on this. Make sure the water is kept clean and cool.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back