This is me :)

5779cadfec0fd6176178c532ba1229ac.jpg

Nachtmare

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Display Name
Trenton
Here I am with my gf Amanda after we hiked up Mt. Rainier in Washington state.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 174

juraj

Reaction score
Country
Slovak Republic
The ZOO

Attachments

• DSC_50411.jpg
    DSC_50411.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_50651.jpg
    DSC_50651.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_50691.jpg
    DSC_50691.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 142

Redear

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Andrew
A couple pictures of me brewing beer. One of my many hobbies. Another picture of me on cleaning day.

Attachments

• IMG_2234.jpg
    IMG_2234.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2156.jpg
    IMG_2156.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2929.jpg
    IMG_2929.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 171

Aristole

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Eh
About to take a photo..

Camera died that's it no more photos from me :p

Tw1st3dR0s3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems like a fun thread!

A few picts of me with my barred tiger over the years. One is from like 4 years ago and the other is from two years ago. Then there are two recent photos of me (one of a hobby of mine).

Attachments

• old photo of me.jpg
    old photo of me.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 149
  • salamander to class.jpg
    salamander to class.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 133
  • repticon.jpg
    repticon.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 127
  • hobby photo.jpg
    hobby photo.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 111

anjelloca

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
JELLO ♡
awwww i didn't know this was here!!! i like putting faces to names!!!

here i am with some patients of mine and then a regular selfie

i'm generally a very happy person

Attachments

• tumblr_ngr5y80kwi1qc03leo1_250.jpg
    tumblr_ngr5y80kwi1qc03leo1_250.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 131
  • tumblr_ngr5y80kwi1qc03leo3_250.jpg
    tumblr_ngr5y80kwi1qc03leo3_250.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 123
  • tumblr_ngr5y80kwi1qc03leo6_250.jpg
    tumblr_ngr5y80kwi1qc03leo6_250.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 103
  • tumblr_ngr5y80kwi1qc03leo4_250.jpg
    tumblr_ngr5y80kwi1qc03leo4_250.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 128
  • tumblr_n3hgixHAo91qc03leo2_250.jpg
    tumblr_n3hgixHAo91qc03leo2_250.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 114
  • tumblr_nk7cio7KWL1qc03leo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk7cio7KWL1qc03leo1_1280.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 153

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
England
Bump.
Come on then, don't be shy, let's put some more names to faces! Here are some recent mugshots of me to get things going again. :)

Attachments

• SAM_0193.jpg
    SAM_0193.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 157
  • SAM_0191.jpg
    SAM_0191.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 154

Methos5K

Reaction score
Country
United States
A quick selfie of myself and one of my doxies, Daisy. Just reading the paper on a Sunday.

Attachments

• daisy.jpg
    daisy.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 122

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Cliff
I don't even think I have any pictures of me on Facebook. But most people in this hobby r not lookers lol. It's a special breed that gets into this hobby. So here's my ugly mug:D Sorry this really is my first selfie.

Attachments

• 20160523_062905.jpg
    20160523_062905.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 124
  • 20160523_062815.jpg
    20160523_062815.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 115

Canecorsonewt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Cliff
Just have to throw this out there. If your from Minnesota we shoud move to chesterfield England. We're not even 40 yet and are skin is rough.:eek: Must be that -40f winters we have.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
England
Must be a trick of the light. ;)
Mind you, it is rare you get a sun tan over here, so who Knows!

jewett

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Heather Jewett
This picture is about 20 years old, but I still find it oddly representative...

Attachments

• selfie.jpg
    selfie.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 114

Zobug

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Zoe
Hello!! Nice to put faces to people. :grin: Here is me with my lizard child, Paprika, as well as a shot of my lovely elephant friend Pang Daeng that I got to work with about two years ago in Thailand. :p

Attachments

• meeeeee.jpg
    meeeeee.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 137
  • pang daeng.jpg
    pang daeng.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 105

AmberLouiseT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Amber'Louise
This is my face! I'd like to go on record saying that my axolotl's are MUCH cuter than I could ever hope to be :D
I can't wait to get a better camera so I can show you my two beauties. My camera just doesn't want to focus properly when trying to get pics of Rey and Kai.. Perhaps they're just too beautiful for the camera to handle!

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 129

sde

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Seth
Since the last picture of me is from over 2 years ago, i figure i should update this even though i don't look a lot different

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 83

juraj

Reaction score
Country
Slovak Republic
Relaxing on Pico island some weeks ago. Thinking about how look not too ugly.

Attachments

• WP_20160827_005.jpg
    WP_20160827_005.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 111

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
England
Lol, that photo reminds me of Doc brown from the back to the future movies for some reason! XD XD 8)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • opaltheaxolotl:
    I've seen a lot of people say different things about it in articles, and I don't know if feeding them frozen bloodworm cubes is good for my axolotl. Can someone help?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    xxianxx has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • xxianxx:
    Bloodworms are not a great sole diet for small axolotl or bigger ones, though many people do use them exclusively. Your better off using eartworms which are considered a complete diet
    +1
    Unlike
  • opaltheaxolotl:
    okay, thanks
    +1
    Unlike
  • Shay876:
    How long after axolotl start moving in egg do they hatch? Also when should I start the brine shrimp hatchery going?
    +1
    Unlike
  • tammyaxie:
    I just noticed two of the ghost shrimp in my axie tank have horsehair worms. I removed them immediately. Can these worms affect the axolotl and what would be the treatment?
    +1
    Unlike
  • maddyb9903:
    Hello guys! I was wondering about nitrates in an axolotl tank. If there are 0 nitrates, will that harm the axolotl?
    +1
    Unlike
  • AMurry24537:
    0 nitrates doesn't sound dangerous, but it does sound very unlikely if the tank is fully cycled. Are you positive you're performing the test correctly? If you're using the API one, that is by far the trickiest test to do right. If the reading is correct, I would guess that either your tank is not cycled, you just did like a 100% water change, or that you have plants sucking up the nitrates, but even those shouldn't leave you with 0.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dragonfire:
    0 is fine unless the tank isn't cycled. Most tanks definitely won't run at 0, but I've had fast growing emergent plants drop nutrients so low that other plants like floaters were choked out and began dying so it isn't impossible. Some less sensitive kits may read 0 but they are just not precise enough to give an accurate low level reading too.
    +1
    Unlike
  • GabbyGums:
    Hey Yall my Axolotl has this like tail thats like a dent on the top, I was told it was meant stress but idk whats stressing out my Axolotl. The plants recently gotten moved since they were falling apart but like she's been eating/pooping fine and the temp and water tests are good for the Axolotl. So I don't really know whats causing her to be stress. Does anyone know anything?
    +1
    Unlike
  • AMurry24537:
    Post a picture of the dent (in the "Sick Axolotl" thread) please
    +2
    Unlike
  • GabbyGums:
    How do I do that? Im new to this website
    +1
    Unlike
  • GabbyGums:
    nvm I found ot
    +1
    Unlike
  • GabbyGums:
    *it
    +1
    Unlike
  • GabbyGums:
    did it
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    SalamanderNick has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Skeemloc:
    Hey are any still available?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Toothpickthelotl:
    Hey guys! I’m having an issue with my filter and was hoping for some suggestions. I use an aqua clear 20-50 gallon filter for my 20 gallon axolotl tank. It has worked great since I got it back in December! Recently though, I’ve noticed the flow of the water has turned into more of an intense trickle than a constant flow (if that makes any sense?) I thought it may be something was stuck in the filter or maybe the sponge needed to be swished around in tank water, so I did both of these and it still trickles. It’s a very strong trickle, so the tank is still getting good filtration. It is just so loud and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there’s a way to fix it?
    +1
    Unlike
  • AMurry24537:
    Hmm, I don't know much about those filters, and I'm having trouble picturing what you mean, but could it be simply that your filtration media is arranged in a different way? Or maybe you're losing water content to evaporation? Just throwing out ideas. 😁 Again, I don't really know much about that kind of filter
    +1
    Unlike
  • CrazyForLotls:
    Hello all. My male axolotl's cloaca hasn't been looking quite right for 13 days. When I first noticed it, I immediately checked the temperature of his tank and it was around 70-71. Way too warm for him, so I took him out and have had him tubbed in the basement ever since. The temperature of his water is now 64-65. The issue seems to be that one 'half' of his cloaca is flared out and has white fuzzy stuff on it. It almost looks like a bunch of little white spikes of hair. Only one half is this way. Sometimes said half is flared out almost all the way, and other times it's almost completely back inside of him. I had him in tea baths overnight for probably five days, and then a solid 24 hours of mild tea for around three days. I don't remember exactly, my apologies.
    +1
    Unlike
  • CrazyForLotls:
    Since it was looking better (not flared out so I couldn't tell if it was still fuzzy) I put him back in plain, dechlorinated water. He gets daily water changes, always dechlorinated. The tea I used was plain black tea. The brand was Lipton and it came in a large box, purchased from the grocery store. Does anybody know what this could be? I found a couple old threads with a similar issue, but nobody ever replied to them. I can post a thread if you'd like some pictures, but they aren't very good. My camera was having trouble focusing and my axolotl kept moving.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Audrey22:
    Hey guys! Just made a post asking for help with an injured eastern newt. I could really use some help. if you would read it, I would really appreciate 🙏😌
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nexbane:
    @Audrey22, A salt bath *might* be a good idea, but I have never heard of them used for anything but axolotls. I would think as simplistic of a setup as possible would be best. Are you a member of the newts & salamanders group on facebook? You might have better luck getting more information quickly there! lots of the same members as here.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Audrey22:
    Ok ill on Facebook too. Thanks. I've heard tea or salt and also neosporin. Do axolots breathe and absorb through their skin like sallies? Thats what I'm afraid of. Because I don't want them to absorb salt if that will hurt them. Anyways, I'll look at Facebook too
    +2
    Unlike
  • gulickje:
    I need guidance… my lotls been struggling. How do i tell if theres anything noticably wrong woth Trudeau? I dont see a way to post a pic here. Hes got like a pinkish spine like down back but everything else looks normal i think. Trixie( my MEL) has been pretty good i think. Both in same tank. Eat same food etc.
    +1
    Unlike
    gulickje: I need guidance… my lotls been struggling. How do i tell if theres anything noticably wrong woth... +1