Lighting for axies

waggy1987

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just wondering what lighting you prefer to use for your axies tank? Would blue LED lights be ok?
Thanks

I have a marine land hood which has white leds and blue leds. The axies don't mind the blue leds at all but when I turn on the white leds they hide all day. Blue leds won't have much effect unless your room is dimly lit or the leds are very bright. But it does look stunning

i have blue strip light and a yellow/white one on my hood i leave mine on for a max of 3hours a day and they dont mind it at all! and it gives my live plants in the tank a chance to thrive :happy:

Thanks for your replies.Would my plants grow using the blue led light then?At the min we just have a white light and they all hide they not keen but the previous owner never used a light.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back