Litoria Aurea (Golden Bell Frog)

Myeager15y

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just figured I would let you all know about this awsome Litoria Aurea large land style tree frog. Has an awsome coloration. Generally I am having no problems with it.

I didnt know when I rescued it from the pet store that they get pretty big. Kind of scary considering they are known to be canibalistic to other amphibians. So I understand it should get 4-5 inches in length. Anyone know what size tank for this size frog would be? My guess would be 10-20g? Its currently fine in the 55g but will need moved as it becomes incompatible with the tank mates. I normally handle much smaller subjects. He is Currently not big enough to eat anyone yet.

I understand that you sex these by the suction cups on the feet. Anyone know when they will be sexually mature?

here is a pic

Attachments

• 100_0097.jpg
    100_0097.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,620
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back