Little update on my babies =)

Luciole

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys,
A few months ago I posted a distress message here about some baby firebelly newts magically appearing in my tank.
Well, following some advice I received, I decided to do nothing and let them be, see if they can make it or not even if I don't have much out of water space.
I am now seeing little guys popping out of the water like the parents do, just chilling on my floating plants or on top of my micro filters.
I have managed to count 15 babies so far, which is really creepy since I am not aiming to be a breeder =) Some of them have also lost all their gills :eek:
I read that it takes them about 2 years to become adults, so I guess I still have some time to figure out what I will be doing with them, but for now, my tank is crazy active and I enjoy looking at them being all clumsy!

Thats great, just remember that newts have a terrestrial stage, you dont want them to drown lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back