Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Longtoeds

H

henk

I sure hope I can breed them again this year... they failed on me last year...
53628.jpg

53629.jpg

D

david

I'm thinking about trying to breed my this season Henk. I'll have to search through all of your posts on them to help with my hopeful success.

D

damon

I have these in my garden. they breed every year and and I try to remove them to a nearby park with a swamp and a lake as I live in a townhome with a small garden in the front and about a 50 gallon pond. I never find the adults only the larvae and juveniles.

P

paris

damon,
they are safer in your small pond (its fish-less right?). in order to find the larvae there the adults must have made it to your pond, and deemed it a good safe place for their offspring. there are probably not many predators in your pond-as opposed to the swamp/lake.

Mark.H

Reaction score
Hi, just curious if your long-toe is submerged underwater. I have four adults and one of them will float submerged on the bottom of my tank. I'm not sure what to think of this, but I have been putting him/her on land if I see it happen. thanks! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!