Looking for a good axolotl chiller

The little axolotl

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an adult male axolotl, and his tank is a bit warm. I am looking for a good chiller, preferably under $400. I live in Texas, so it gets a bit warm in his tank over the summer. I have a fan on it, and I have tried DIY but they just don’t seem to cut it. I am looking for the kind of chiller I can just turn on and forget about, but I will understand if I can’t get that in my price range. Also, I do have a canister filter on his tank (20 gallon long,) so I can hook it up to the hoses coming off. Thanks in advance :).

Poafamx 16gal Aquarium Chiller 60L Fish Tank Cooler Unit ℉ Quiet for Home Fish Shrimp Breeding Aquaculture with Water Pump and Pipe 110V
Sold by: Poafamx USA

BOUGHT ON AMAZON - USING ON 16 gallon tank. BEEN USING ONE MONTH. SO FAR IT WORKS GREAT AND APPEARS TO HAVE PLENTY OF COOLING CAPACITY!!! MADE IN CHINA BUT EMAIL QUESTIONS ARE OFTEN ANSWERED WITHIN 2 HOURS OR LESS!!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back