Looking for enthusiasts in NEW YORK

F

fabrizio

Hello to everyboby.
I'm Italian and I've been living in New York City for 3 months. I'm 15 and very fond of reptiles and amphibians! I'm desperately looking for some reptiles enthusiasts (both of my age or adults) here, near my house because I don't have any and I'm suffering without talking about my passion.
My e-mail is fabrizio_livigni@yahoo.it. If you live in New York City, in Long Island, or wherever is near by Nassau County, please contact me!!

Thanks,
Fabrizio.

Hi Fabrizio,

I was living close to NY some years ago. There is a herp society (NYHS, http://www.nyhs.org/). There are enthusiasts both for amphibians and (mainly) for reptiles. I think Mike Hano is the "president", whom I knew pretty well at that time. They are pretty active and have a meeting with a talk every month. I once gave there a talk about German Amphibians.
Check them out and Say hello to Mike and Luis de Armas (newt friend).

Uwe

Thank you very much, Uwe.

I'm still open to receive other posts from anybody.

Fabrizio.

Hi,
I'll add that I like very much amphibians, mainly caudates. I also love lizards.

At the moment I keep 1 Hyla versicolor, 1 Ambystoma maculatum, 1 Kaloula pulchra and two Notophtalmus viridescens. I'm expecting for some fire salamanders and then other animals.

I wrote 4 articles in Italian, 3 for "Il Mio Acquario" and 1 for "Reptilia & Co".

Best regards,
Fabrizio.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back