Lumps above back legs and skinny back end

clofuller

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello,
My axie, Taxi, looks very skinny but only towards to back end. I feed her red worms, tiger worms, blue worms and nightcrawlers as well as axololt pellets. Her appetite is great, her gills are fluffy and her tail is straight (not in picture as I just did a clean but it normally is straight). Overall she seems happy but her back end is very skinny. She also has a small lump above the joint of each of her back legs which I am very worried about (seen in picture attached if you look carefully.) It doesn’t seem urgent but I would like it catch anything before it becomes serious. Thank you :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    876.8 KB · Views: 136
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back