Mandarins with Fire Salamanders?

I

iain

What does anyone think on mixing mandarin newts with some fire salamanders? They are both similar in size and requirements. Any help would be great. Thanks

It's an extreme bad idea! Not only do all newts and salamanders have poisons in their skin, but also behaviour and temperatures differ extremely.
Their also from completely different regions. Better two set ups one for every species.

Hello
Where are similarities in their requirements?
Can´t see any?
Actually, keeping different species(or amphibians and reptiles) in one tank, has to remain a regular mistake, done by pet trade and by noone else,.......
Greets,
Philipp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back