Marbled Salamander

Cloppy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a good website where you can buy them from? because of looked at underground reptiles and backwaterreptiles and all the big sites that sell em and they all have terrible reviews.

Unless if those companies are based in your home state, they would not be able to sell you any. There is an interstate ban on transport of most (if not all) caudata species. If they still intend on selling you some, they are doing so illegally. Your best bet is checking the for sale section of this forum for people with animals available in your state or people who might have eggs available. Eggs can still be transported across state lines.

The interstate trade ban is for salamanders who carry a certain type of fungus. This does not apply to the marbled salamander or the spotted or tiger.

回复: Marbled Salamander

Yes, it seems you're right, the ban doesn't apply to ambystoma. I would still recommend trying to get them from captive breeders over sites like those, especially if they have negative reviews. I don't think I've seen much cb marbled salamanders for sale on this forum, but with a little patience you should be able to find something you'd be interested in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back