Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Meet Cooper!

Kymmy442

Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Kymmy, and this is Cooper. I just got back into the hobby. This is my first Lotl in over a decade. I have 2 other tanks with fish. Im a 4 time cancer survivor and patient, and a recent Wildlife Biology graduate. I was told Cooper is a Copper Melanoid. But i am not sure yet, if the little one is male or female. Cooper is about 4.5 inches long. Its only been about 4 days since i got the Lotl. Coopers tank is a 20l. I have a sponge filter in the corner, and a hang on back thats a tad big for the tank, but the flow is broken up by plants, fake lily pads, and a piece of sponge. There is no flow in the main area. The water is about 63 degrees. I have fans if it gets warmer. I do have some red root floaters that seem to be doing well with the cooler water and low light. Kinda surprised me. Im still working on getting to know Cooper and what and when he/she likes to eat. Cooper will scarf down 2 or 3 small earthworm segments twice a day. Doesnt seem to want much more. Im sure he/she is still getting used to the new home and a good schedule will be established as we go.Cooper also REALLY likes to watch tv. Lol I currently have Cooper, as well as a tank with a gorgeous male Daffodil Princess cichlid with Endlers that he actually gets along with, a tank with Threadfin Rainbows, Cories, and a Red Lizard Whiptail, a rescue Chinchilla named Lola, and two cats. Lol. Its very obvious that i have a soft spot for critters. Lol. Thank you all, for allowing me to be here. I have learned so much from perusing this site. Glad to be here!

Attachments

• 20210316_171728.jpg
    20210316_171728.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 319
  • 20210316_173109.jpg
    20210316_173109.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 198

r10game

Reaction score
is it difficult to care, I want to get one of them and would you suggest taking a couple(y)(y)(y)

Kymmy442

Reaction score
Its actually been quite i while since i have had Axolotls. This is my first one in over 10 years. I may not be the right one to ask. I am having to relearn everything again. I would not want to give you the wrong advice. That being said, they do take some work. But it pays off. They are adorable and fun to watch. I dont have experience keeping more than one in a tank. But there are many people here, in the forums that do. I am very glad i got my Axolotl. I hope to have Cooper for a long time. 😊

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!