Mid sized larvae foods???

caudatadude28

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
AJ
I have some triturus dobrogicus larvae that have been feeding on brine shrimp for a couple days now and my daphnia culture is crashing. I dont have access to pond water due to 24 inches of ice. Blackworms are a no-go. What other food source could I use that is in between baby brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms?

I feed white worms, which I believe are the same as grindle.
That seems to work really wall for my Axolotl babies.

Are white worms/grindal worms easy to culture? I need to get a starter culture.

Grindal and white worms are two different species and they have to be cultured differently, too. In my opinion white worms are easier to culture, you can keep them in a small aerated box filled with some soil and covered with a little piece of wood. I feed mine with dog pellets.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back