Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Mixing Foods

Biscuit Oliva

Reaction score
I have a mad scientist idea of mixing color enhancing fish food floating sticks with normal sinking salmon pellets hoping to get a color enhancing effect.they would be blended and then frozen and served trying to make them almost gellatin like.I was just wondering has anyone tried this before and is it safe for amphibians

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Fish food usually includes a portion of vegetable matter.
If you want to introduce carotenes in the diet, either use commercial powders or natural foods that are rich in them.

Biscuit Oliva

Reaction score
Will do. I wasnt sure if anyone had tried that yet but as they say the more natural the better.i need like a super food diet thing maybe add some shrimp in there too.i guess its gonna kinda be like johnnies mix he had posted which was pretty cool but sounded like your putting the worms and crickets through a living hell lol.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1