juraj

Hongkongensis on the left deloustali right
29742.jpg

Deloustali right Hongongensis left
29743.jpg

Hongkongensis up deloustali down
29744.jpg

Congrats on the successful breeding!

Have you noticed any distinguishing characteristics between morphs of the two species?

The similarity between the two is surprising.

Hi Tim
The photos are not clear (bad lightning etc..) so the animals look almost the same.
Hongkongensis morph has slightly more prominent cranial ridges more granular skin and has lighter coloration of dorsal area. Deloustali is seemingly darker and has more orange/yellow spots on the ventral side. Generally deloustali morphs should be bigger as 5cm or more but these ar not. Not bred by me
happy.gif

Awesome, I currently am raising a small group of eggs, so. How long did it take for your eggs to hatch? Then morph? I could really use this info. Thanks

i have a group of p. fuzhongensis which are about 5cms long. does anyone know when i need to think about putting them in a cooler room (like the adults). they are just begining to spend more time in the water, or are they fine untill much older.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back