Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My 20 Long Newt Sanctuary

justin

Reaction score
After weeks upon weeks of tinkering with my setup I finally got it the way I wanted. Many people stick with "low-light" plants on this forum and there is nothing wrong with that. I however, wanted to create a dense planted tank for my newts to play, climb, and hide in. Well I am getting there. I am going to have to let the tank grow over the next couple months then I will fill in the empty spaces. The tank has about $400+ invested into it (trial and error). And that is not including the newts.

Here are the tank specs:
20 Long All-Glass Aquarium tank
2 * Coralife Aqualight Freshwater T5 (4 * 15W)
Cascade 700 Filter with CO2 injection through intake line.
Eco-Complete substrate topped with a layer of gravel (gravel is mixed with Laterite)

Plants:
Java Fern
Java Moss
Wendtii Crypt (not sure on exact type)
Vals
Hornwort
Marimo Ball
Microsword
Anachris
Water Sprite

This is the home to only 1 CFB right now. More will be slowly introduced over the next week (they will be quaritined before being added). Eventually it will hose about 5 CFB (possibly 6).
39728.jpg

39729.jpg

39730.jpg

39731.jpg

39732.jpg

U

uwe

Sorry, maybe I missed the point.

This is just a regular newly created aquarium.

What should be say/do?

Uwe

justin

Reaction score
Nothing, it is just here for people to get ideas. Hense the purpose of this section in the forums. People are welcome to ask questions or make suggestions/comments about the setup.

ali

Reaction score
HI Justin, I was just wondering if you have mesh to cover the lid that just isn't in the photos?

Don't want the little buggers to climb out!

andrew

Reaction score
thats nice! Are you good at making planted aquariums? I always failed at keeping my aquatic plants alive.

P

phoebe

My plants are unhealthy
sad.gif
, i shall be getting a light soon, but i have one unhealthy, he is a bit sad, but i have got a desk light near the tank, are tropical lights OK?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!