Photo: My 3 axies

michaelaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are my axies i have 3 and they are very small so it took me a while to get pictures. my biggest who is 2inchs sits at the side of the tupperware and stares at me. its so adorable

Attachments

• 125_5426.jpg
    125_5426.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 125_5428.jpg
    125_5428.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 125_5416.jpg
    125_5416.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 136
Nice little crew you got there...I am sure you will keep us updated on their growth.

tomarow im picking up some ghost shrimp to start breeding. when will they be able to eat bigger things than baby brine shrimp?

you got cute little guys:D

You can feed them daphnia too and when their back legs are growing you may feed them blackworms and bloodworms, when they reach 3-4 in. you can cut earthworms into little pieces for feeding them.

Good luck with your babies:D

thanks their back legs are coming in now, ive looked at all the pet shops here and cant find bloodworms or blackworms.

Have a look online, i've bought bloodworm off ebay before. And they were better than some dodgy lookin ones i saw at a pet shop! You can start them on frozen as well at this age. They should start sniffing 4 food round about now. Mel

ok thanks i will try to get some frozen
also i bought a moss ball yesterday it has fishing wire wrapped around it. do i cut all this off?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back