My axolotl is sick ?

aidekba

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi everyone ,

I have 2 axies ,(about 4 maybe 5 inches) , but the one of them has a problem . Its gil color's is not colorful as before and look like its gill shorter than before too. My axie is leucistic, So it should be red gill right ? . But now , Gill is never red as before , and the other one is still red long gill , So what should I do ?

I afraid to lose them,please help me !

thanks for advices

ps.My english is not very well ,sorry

i don't know much yet, i'm only new, but do you have your axolotl in with fish? fish nibble (chew, bite) at the gills and this makes them sick.

There may not be anything wrong. It is normal for a leucistic axolotl's gills to change color sometimes - the color gets darker if the axolotl becomes more active (like during feeding). Gills may also become shorter if there is a higher supply of oxygen in the water.

However, it would be very helpful if you could post a clear picture of the axolotl.

-Eva

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back