Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Axolotl won't eat pellet

Cindygao0217

Reaction score
My Axolotl won't eat pellet anymore. They only eat frozen or live food now but the cost is way too expensive since I have 4 Axolotl so I can't keep them like that. Anyone know how to make them eat the pellet again

auntiejude

Reaction score
If you set yourself up with a worm farm you won't have to buy food - you'll be able to breed your own.

Cindygao0217

Reaction score
But it smell and my family won't like it at all since I still live with my family plus I am afraid to touch the trash all that because there might be magnet

PowerNewt

Reaction score
The Woods in Southern Quebec, near Vermont
You can get over your fear and grow worms, buy them live/frozen food, or give them to someone that can manage them... You don't really have more choices. They aren't supposed to eat pellets and feeding them only pellets will make them weaker and more likely to get sick and need medication and more expensive stuff later on. They need the variation in food items...
One other thing you could do is raise feeder guppies, but you need something to keep them in, like a tank with a filter, or a bucket... or rubbermaid storage tub... and they might smell too if you don't keep it nice and clean...
Those are the only options I can think of...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1