Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My axolotls and setups

SanderB

Reaction score
6 days later, finally some visible development.

Attachments

• 101_4183.jpg
    101_4183.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 101_4188.jpg
    101_4188.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 186

SanderB

Reaction score
10 days old

Attachments

• 101_4246.jpg
    101_4246.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 244

tigmades

Reaction score
Own breed, I mean that I bred him, it´ an offspring of my own animals... don´t realy know how I could say it on an other way.

Every time I see "own breed" I keep thinking they're some kind of super axies, haha! What about saying "from my stock"? :3 In the dog world, it would be out of *insert dog kennel name* *insert name of female dog* by *insert dog kennel name* *insert name of male dog*, but that seems so formal/too dramatic for axolotls ;) O.O I was thinking very seriously.... sorry ^_^;;

Gorgeous axies, btw! I love that seeming wildtype with the pink gills! Anyone know what that means, gene-wise? It would be neat to find out! Any offspring from that one in particular, resulting in similar coloration? Did it have the pink gills since it was developing as a youngster?

SanderB

Reaction score
Every time I see "own breed" I keep thinking they're some kind of super axies, haha! What about saying "from my stock"? :3 In the dog world, it would be out of *insert dog kennel name* *insert name of female dog* by *insert dog kennel name* *insert name of male dog*, but that seems so formal/too dramatic for axolotls ;) O.O I was thinking very seriously.... sorry ^_^;;

Gorgeous axies, btw! I love that seeming wildtype with the pink gills! Anyone know what that means, gene-wise? It would be neat to find out! Any offspring from that one in particular, resulting in similar coloration? Did it have the pink gills since it was developing as a youngster?

From my stock ok that might be better but I think their are even better ways of telling that. Good that you try to correct me, I want to improve my Englisch writhing.

The red gills are just the blood you see when they are eating.
The white and wild type juveniles are offspring of the wild type male.

SanderB

Reaction score
The axolotls are hatching, these came out of albino x albino.

Attachments

• 101_4330.jpg
    101_4330.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 101_4331.jpg
    101_4331.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 101_4332.jpg
    101_4332.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 202
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!