Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My axolotls are lost in the mail :(

obllori

Reaction score
Still no axies :(. I've heard from the sender, he's offering to send replacements next week, though they're not the same two morphs that I ordered. If I don't want them, he said he'll refund my money once the package finally does arrive.

GulfCoastAxolotls

Reaction score
Still no axies :(. I've heard from the sender, he's offering to send replacements next week, though they're not the same two morphs that I ordered. If I don't want them, he said he'll refund my money once the package finally does arrive.
That's just absolutely horrid business practice. I know we don't always have control once an animal is shipped, but as a breeder myself, I never ship an animal without using overnight or 2 day priority shipping. Not only is it cruel to the animals, but its unfair to the new axie parent that's anxiously waiting for their new arrival. I am so sorry that you've had to go through this.

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
I can't believe that, that's so awful. I am so sorry. I would make a huge fuss with the mail carrier over that. Critically endangered species, lost in the mail, imagine how that would go over.

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
@obllori

I would file the biggest complaint in the history of their mail service. I would file one every day till you feel that they've been sufficiently humiliated. Endangered species, I'm sure there's some legal recourse there. If not, there should be.

When did they say the box was broken open? Did they give you a time table? And yes, call customer service, legit, call every day, make sure they have to record the complaint every day. Make them have to say to their bosses "so we get a complaint filed every day for about 23 days now about this...." They at the very least should reimburse you for the money because it was their fault, not the seller's fault. Did the seller do like immediate overnight shipping? If not, then that was dumb on their part. But if they did immediate, overnight, whatever, and you're JUST NOW finding out what happens, that means they were killed like what, 2 weeks ago and now just got the courage to tell you? Probably took the time to check with their lawyers first. At least, that's what they'd do in the US.

axie owner

Reaction score
i am so sorry to hear that. i hope you get a refund and some more that are posted with priority shipping.

axotol lover

Reaction score
I just got a notification on the Canada Post app to call customer service. The axies are dead. The box was broken open and the little ones died and were disposed of. How heartbreaking is that? 😞
take legal action or if u dont want to go through that all stuff take the refund or the 2 axolotl morph btw im talking about legal action against the shipping company saying for a fact axolotls are endagerd im sure theres legal action that can be taken

obllori

Reaction score
The thing with taking legal action is that they had no idea what was in the box. No live animal stickers, no perishable stickers - nothing. It was just another box to the people at Canada Post.

EasternRomioi3

Reaction score
Uh oh, without those stickers, that sounds like a shipper issue. Someone screwed up there but I think whoever screwed up, who ever didn't put "fragile", didn't put "live animals" on it, that person is in trouble and should be discovered. Endangered species, carelessness should not be involved in the transfer of live animals in general, but especially when you're talking an endangered species. Oh man, this whole situation just makes me angry.

@obllori

I am sorry you are enduring this. Have you found anyone closer or more reliable to get axolotls from?

GulfCoastAxolotls

Reaction score
The thing with taking legal action is that they had no idea what was in the box. No live animal stickers, no perishable stickers - nothing. It was just another box to the people at Canada Post.
In the US, we have whats called the Lacey Act. This requires all live animal shipments to be marked appropriately with species and quantity. Violation of this law can result in a $10,000 fine and even jail time in some circumstances. I don't know if Canada has similar laws, but I would suspect they do when it comes to protected wildlife species (which axolotls are even though their captive numbers are very healthy). Im not saying legal action should be taken on your part, but I would definitely report the seller for negligence.

axotol lover

Reaction score
still who ever made this mistakes deserves punishement a refund on the morphs wont do anything for the axolotls death but legal action would after all mistakes like this could happen again and again until somebody decides to take legal action

Autistic Catholic

Reaction score
I just got a notification on the Canada Post app to call customer service. The axies are dead. The box was broken open and the little ones died and were disposed of. How heartbreaking is that? 😞
Kind of sick they just disposed of the animals. They should have given burial.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!