My female is really really really fat!!

H

heather

lately i have been feeding them less, but i have just noticed that cathrine looks really really fat...she has never been this fat before, How come she is so fat?......Im a little worried about her
errr.gif
is there any reason to be? i nolonger have rocks in the tank but her stomach looks like it has some big bulges and oh it looks kinda scary
shocked.gif
i dont know whats going on with her

Pebbles, stones etc can take some time to pass through. They shop i got my first axie from kept them on small stones and it took about a month or 2 to get rid of them all. How long ago did u remove the stones? As ben said it could be eggs

Heather, remind us how old she is. The females sometimes body up when really approaching sexual maturity - 1 year.

Check out the piccy below. Psylocke is wonderfully rounded - melanoid at bottom of piccy. I'm glad to say the female wildtype and the female leucisitc are now both filling out to same shape.

23203.jpg

Catherine is only 6/7 months old, thats why i was a little freaked out i did think she would be mature at such a young age

I have a few piccys of her that arent that good, but you can still see her belly. these pics are before it got really big and it has actually gone down a bit

23235.jpg

23236.jpg

(Message edited by jennewt on September 23, 2004)

How big is she. Do you have any pictures of her recently?

i took these like a week ago
as i said she doesnt look as fat any more and she got fat after i took out the stones

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back