My first axolotl tank

Puscifer

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Display Name
Puscifer
Hello everyone :) i'm new to this site, and i just love to watch other people's tank set up for inspiration and ideas.

This is my first axolotl tank. It's about 50 gallons and is home to P.E.K.K.A , my lovely ax.

Any thoughts on my set up?

Attachments

• IMG_2639.jpg
    IMG_2639.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,684
  • IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,072
That is absolutely gorgeous! I love it.

How did you get the plants to stay on the top? Do you have a planter there?

Details are a must. :)

I used a mesh and sewed the plants in the right order and attached it to the back lol. Can't wait to the roots settle in :) do u think my lotl have enough hidingplaces? I've used plenty. Of driftwood to create shelter...
:happy:

I think your little lotl is in Lotl Paradise!

I had to take the driftwood out of my lotl tank for the time being. >.> Keepings growing black bush algae and I hate it.

bumping this because it 100% deserves more attention- this tank is actually gorgeous and i’m in awe

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back