My First Outdoor Vivarium!

TheSnake88

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve been constructing an outdoor Vivarium out of scrap wood. My time and tools are limited so work has progressed at a rather slow pace. Here is where I’m at so far…

52616287-EEB6-459C-9CF9-257D64C726E3.jpeg

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how/if I can change my profile name? Many thanks in advance!

I’ve been chipping away at the outdoor Vivarium project. Since last time I’ve added a base…
0CD7C4A4-AC45-4275-AE59-5DC93630EC51.jpeg

Reinforced the glue bond with metal brackets…
D9053B4F-138B-4389-B169-2DA64180A57C.jpeg

And I’ve sanded and repaired some of the exterior. It’s now ready to revive a stain and/or varnish…
000B9A1D-8949-45E9-9498-5B5BE3AC27E0.jpeg

Next up I’ll be adding either the lid or a liner for the interior!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back