My little Sonic!

P

paige

Here are some pictures of my little baby Sonic! He is about 6 months old now and he's getting big. Actually he might be a girl but I dunno yet! lol

Anyway the first pic is the day I got him, and the second is him now. The third is him in his tank when he was little, but now he's living in the bath until I get a bigger tank. Sorry bout the photo quality though - I need to take better ones.
34975.jpg
34976.jpg
34977.jpg
34978.jpg
34979.jpg

Gorgeous axie Paige!!! but you might want to think about changing the gravel as he/she could swallow it and this can cause problems and even death. just thought id say this before other people tell you about it.

Good luck with the axie. How big is he/she???

aww he looks so much like my little Thanatos. arent they gorgeous at that size?

can i ask why you named him thanatos? seems like kind of a bad omen!

ahhh i have all my axies named after my favourite gods. evil ones! i have Lucian (means light, not evil but thought it was a cool name), Demetrious (lord of darkness), Cizin (he burns the dead in the mayan underworld) and Thanatos (god of death). i have other animals called Raven, Chaos and Garm (hes a dog that guards the underworld) etc etc. Im sorta goth/bogan with a strange obsession with animals that live in water hahaha (dont think im evil though, i love my pets very much and look after them as best i can)

Yes Claire I have already changed his rocks cause I realised he was eating them and I became worried when his stomach looked really bloated. That's why I put him in the bath until I was sure he had passed all the stones. He was doing the biggest poops for about a week until he was rid of all the stones!!!
smile6.gif
And as you can see in the top pic he had a cut on his tail, but that is healing nicely. I think it was caused by the cave I had in there, he was having to curl up just to fit in it so I've now got a bigger one. And I'll be getting a bigger tank soon too. I think he would be about 15cm or more long now. Anyway Sonic is my second axolotl. We had one years ago named Mr Scratchy (my brother came up with that name!
sick.gif
) Anyway we didn't know enough bout axolotls and he died of heat stress one year. The temps outside were like 45 degrees. But now I'll make sure I know more about them so Sonic can get the best care possible!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back