Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My New Baby!

officerPuckles

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am so pleased to announce that I have FINALLY found a tankmate for Puckles! I got him yesterday, and the introduction went great! They have been living pretty harmoniously (he likes to dance for Puckles but she isn't too interested yet, also he's not mature yet so there's a bit of an age gap :p)
Soooo here's some glamour shots of my new love :]

Here he is in his bag, while I was adapting to him the temperature, Puckles was soooo fascinated with him! She wouldn't leave the bag alone :D
io3meo.jpg

Just a close up! I love how he has a smile, Puckles is a big frowner
qs041i.jpg

The two of them hanging out
2qs1kc7.jpg

And another close up
30hyjba.jpg

I am so pleased with the local pet shop I bought him from, they had about 40 Juvies all in leucistic and wild type, and the man had trained them to be social towards humans and he even hand feeds them (something I've been working on with Puckles)
Hopefully within the next week I will be purchasing a leucistic female, so I can keep these lovelies in the game!

Thanks!

Dipsy66

Reaction score
He'a a handsome chap and no wonder Puckles is delighted.....what have you / are you going to call him????

officerPuckles

Reaction score
I havent decided on a name yet! I am thinking Archer or 'Ele 'Ele (which is the Hawaiian word for the color black) But I am going to wait until I see a little more personality from him before deciding :]

FX1C

Reaction score
Very cute :)

Next time you get a new axolotl it's a really good idea to quarantine it for at least a few weeks just to make sure you're not introducing any disease / parasite / fungus into your existing axolotls environment - it can save a lot of problems. :eek:

Hope it all goes well - keep the pics coming :D

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!