My New Baby!

officerPuckles

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Sidhe
Hello everyone! I am so pleased to announce that I have FINALLY found a tankmate for Puckles! I got him yesterday, and the introduction went great! They have been living pretty harmoniously (he likes to dance for Puckles but she isn't too interested yet, also he's not mature yet so there's a bit of an age gap :p)
Soooo here's some glamour shots of my new love :]

Here he is in his bag, while I was adapting to him the temperature, Puckles was soooo fascinated with him! She wouldn't leave the bag alone :D
io3meo.jpg

Just a close up! I love how he has a smile, Puckles is a big frowner
qs041i.jpg

The two of them hanging out
2qs1kc7.jpg

And another close up
30hyjba.jpg

I am so pleased with the local pet shop I bought him from, they had about 40 Juvies all in leucistic and wild type, and the man had trained them to be social towards humans and he even hand feeds them (something I've been working on with Puckles)
Hopefully within the next week I will be purchasing a leucistic female, so I can keep these lovelies in the game!

Thanks!

cute pictures, they look like they are best of friends already :) its always nice to see pics.

He'a a handsome chap and no wonder Puckles is delighted.....what have you / are you going to call him????

I havent decided on a name yet! I am thinking Archer or 'Ele 'Ele (which is the Hawaiian word for the color black) But I am going to wait until I see a little more personality from him before deciding :]

Very cute :)

Next time you get a new axolotl it's a really good idea to quarantine it for at least a few weeks just to make sure you're not introducing any disease / parasite / fungus into your existing axolotls environment - it can save a lot of problems. :eek:

Hope it all goes well - keep the pics coming :D

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back