Photo: My new Tank According to every1 on Here :)

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
vlcuXX
Hey guys i just wanted to update u on my new tank setup :p i spent 80 dollars on they're plants and hides :) Hope u like it please comment if u do :) or dont :(

Before:
207211_201016266597780_100000682240506_606408_8232826_n.jpg

Now:
HNI_0025.jpg

Nice! And happy birthday ;)

I like the tunnel... Are they exploring lots and having fun in their new jungle?

Yea Mewsie Thanks again for the birthday wishes They seem to take to the wood tunnel :D and they really like exploring the colourful plants.... Think i took ur advise to head? :)

Yeah! Birthday money well spent I reckon. Lol, I spend more money on my axies than I do on myself! Good to hear they like it, I reckon they'll be hanging out lots in that plant at the back!

So are YOU happy with it? :)

Yea, I am Mews It always makes me happy to see my pets happy :p they seem to like the plants i think the plants will be good egg laying plants? :)

Just FYI: that wood tunnel will start to rot pretty quickly. Terrarium wood decorations aren't made to be submerged in an aquarium.

Its not for terrariums :p its for Aquariums its glossed and sealed so it doesnt get wet, thanks though! :grin:

looking good, those plants look ideal for them to hide under/between, and you'll find that they will start to exhibit more natural behavior this way.

I have a large chunk of twisted bogwood in my tank, and my axie loves hiding under it, and sitting on top.

Yea, they seem to like the plants :)

Sweeeet! I'm surprised you haven't lost them in that big plant in the middle lol! I'd love one of those actually it looks all soft and lotltastic! I think the reason the only friends I've got have gills is because I say things like lotltastic...oh well! Looks good! :cool:

LMAO Thanks yea the big green one? They love looking at it , keep u guys updated when i see them climb it :D

Wow that looks great! Good job, I'm sure your axies are very happy. Happy belated birthday by the way. :)

Happy belated birthday! Birthday money well spent, it looks so much better. :)
I find my axies like the tall plants, and like to hang in them like little underwater monkeys. :p

I noticed that too :p took a couple pics of em hanging on the plants, ill upload them soon ;) And thanks for the birthday wishes Banana and Melissa :) glad to hear its axolotl worthy :D

Good to hear that its money well spent :) especially from you Eric , Thanks alot every1 apreciate it dearly :3

Sweeeet! I'm surprised you haven't lost them in that big plant in the middle lol! I'd love one of those actually it looks all soft and lotltastic! I think the reason the only friends I've got have gills is because I say things like lotltastic...oh well! Looks good! :cool:

Hahaha, know that feeling!

I started a new contract away in London on Tuesday, and spoke to Scott at lunchtime, who was relating the woes of his second unsupervised attempt at feeding the lotls. The looks I got from my new colleagues as I was saying "You HAVE to get that worm out before it disappears behind the wall! No! I don't CARE if you get nommed at! You did WHAT? Arrrgh, you destroyed my cave?"

I had to explain myself... All my new colleagues want axolotls now ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back