My new tank has arrived...

Rubyfox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just need more plants and hideaways but I really love it, just waiting till Neecie and Neeko can go in :D
016-3.jpg

017-2.jpg

It's a really nice unit :) Can't tell how big it is from the picture, what are the measurements/volume?

I'm worried the sand may be a bit thick in places, if it's over an inch or so you could get anaerobic bacteria building up underneath the sand which could errupt and harm living animals.

Hi its a 20 gallon tank, the sand is like that as I had only just finished putting in the water and was letting it settle as it was so cold it gave me a head ache when trying to sort it out lol I am always taking the poo out and do that once if now twice a day :)

It's not about the poo, it's trapped air bubbles under the sand. If you stir it up every so often it should be fine but an inch layer is thick enough :)

It's not about the poo, it's trapped air bubbles under the sand. If you stir it up every so often it should be fine but an inch layer is thick enough :)

I do stir it up ;)

Ya thick sand makes toxic air pockets, I would remove a little, not too much. A few good size hiding spots too! Looks like a great tank, please post pics when done and axolotls are in!!

Ya thick sand makes toxic air pockets, I would remove a little, not too much. A few good size hiding spots too! Looks like a great tank, please post pics when done and axolotls are in!!

Thanks will do.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back