Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Story

Tigrecito

Reaction score
Hello Caudata forums,

Long time amature herper here. I've been collecting Frogs, Toads, & Tadpoles out of local creeks, waterways, ponds, & lakes since I was about 7 years old. I'm 35 now, & still love being by the water. It's been years since I've taken a bucket of Tadpoles, & Frogs home, I still remember how passionate I was as a kid collecting Amphibians.

I recently saw the article on the 200 year old Giant Salamander that was found in China. It somehow led to a sparked interest in the Tiger Salamanders here in Arizona. I've been wanting to get another pet since my dog Coco passed away a few years back. Unfortunately, I'm not ready for another dog at this time. I've also thought about getting some fancy Goldfish, but after reading a few articles on caring for Salamanders, I've decided I'd like to find a wild Arizona Tiger to bring home & care for.

This is my story,& how I find myself here at Caudata forums. I'd love to hear from some Arizona folks here on the forums who could possibly help me on my quest. Thanks for reading !

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    gemmie: Hello I've been looking into axolotls and wasn't sure if it was even legal to get a pet one in... +1