My wildie <3

HayleyK

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Hayley
Having a proud mama moment and would like to show off one of my babies. So the last few weeks, Pedro has been living in a pink tub, which could never show me what his true colour has developed into. Most LFS around my area only have quite dark wild types so I am stoked to have a lighter wildtype. I think he's absolutely gorgeous :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 366
Just a side shot to show off his pretty colours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 289
gorgeous coloring!

Here's an update of Pedro - he looks like a completely different lotl under lights! But still super adorable :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 253
Pedro's gills look half the size of what they used to be. I'm not sure if that is technically a bad thing, I'm just pointing it out.

He's always had short gills. They only look big in the the other photos but they've always been small. They both have grown in size and weight however their gills remained the same size. As you can see they haven't been chomped lately and he doesn't have much colour in his gills, which would also make it look smaller.

Thanks for the concern but my water parameters have been in check for years. And there aren't nippings.

See - I just took this one then, after earthworm and pellet feedings :D gills are the same

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 236
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back