N. strauchii juvies

N

nate

Here's some photos of some strauchii juvies. A lot of people tell me their strauchii are very shy, but mine have become quite bold after I moved them to an aquatic setup.

14242.jpg

What's that I see? A finger at the glass...?
14243.jpg

Why yes...
14244.jpg

14245.jpg

14246.jpg

frustration sets in...
14247.jpg

what a great personality for a strauchii.
pirate.gif

i liked that last shot the best.

Great pics Nate, a few questions though.
1)How big are they?
2)How many do you have?
3)any pics of there set-up

Thanks, Mark

Nate, lovely little guys. Have you had much molestation from "can I buy these from you" types?

Thanks guys.

Mark: they are all 8-10cm, I have 4 (more to come
biggrin.gif
) and I don't have another shot of the setup as I just returned the camera this morning. It's a very simple 10g setup right now. When bigger, they'll of course go to a larger tank and a more elaborate setup. Right now I wanted to keep it simple for easier observation as there is some debate as to whether it's a good idea to keep them aquatic or not.

John: no molestation at all to date.

HAHA, Great Pics and captions
rofl.gif
Oh And Got Any For Sale
smile6.gif
, hehe Just Kidding

(Message edited by JoshS on April 07, 2004)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back