need help setting up axolotl tank

Travisdjtg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
HMF filters- how do i make them, how are they used, and do they cause much water movement?
substrate- what are some safe substrates? no substrate? can "greatstuff" foam be used on bottom of tank?
water temperature- how do i change water temperature to 14-22 when room temperature is hotter?
Small fans- should small "Computer" fans be used above tank?
plants- are fake floating plants beneficial?
Tank- can plexiglass be used? how do i make a waterproof Plexiglas tank?
were do i start when building a tank?
when/do axoltls ever turn amphibious? Are they aquatic there whole life? when do the metamorphose?

All of these questions have been asked and answered on the forum. In the same banner as 'new messages' and just under where your user name and notifications are is a search button. A quick search of the forum will reveal all these questions.

yeh i know that, thought i would get answers. i don't have any patience to look
can i just get the answers or do i have to look for all of them?

is there an eglish name for a HMF filters because i can only ind german and french websites. how do i translate them?

Travisdjtg said:
yeh i know that, thought i would get answers. i don't have any patience to look

Then perhaps you shouldn't get an axolotl if you're not willing to do the necessary research.

Jay.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back