Neotenic Ambystomid use of Carbon Filtration POLL

Use of Carbon Filtration in Neotenic Ambystomid Tanks

• I use activated carbon pellets.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I use activated carbon impregnated filter media.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I use a combination of pellets and impregnated pads.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I only use carbon in adult tanks.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I only use carbon in rearing tanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not use carbon in my filters.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I do not use filters.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Johnny, get out of the basement and go outside or something.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Johnny O. Farnen
Please be honest here folks. This is for a preliminary "study" I am putting together while my other research projects are delayed for various reasons. Multiple responses are allowed.

This is POLL 2 of 3
In advance: Thank you for your responses.

Keep them votes rolling in folks. Don't let my big geek words scare you off! This is the early phase of what may turn into a full blown international "experiment" involving the entire community here! There is no right or wrong answer! I'm not out to make judgements either, just curious if a trend I see in my notes is local or pertains to the hobby as a whole.

Happy to help for the sake of science! :p

Can't wait to read your research when it's completed.

-Gazer

I dont even use a filter cause where i am no pet stores stock filters that dont make huge currents.

I DO have Carbon filled media in the tank I house a neotenic diaboli, however the media is so old it's probably completely useless at this point.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back