Neurergus kaiseri prices

Of course hobbyists have driven the price down with their CB animals. Down from $150 to $35-$50 a pc. That is a reasonable price IMO. That is progress. I bought a group of five CB animals for $40 a pc I believe. Though after owning my group for a while I have found while beautiful they are kind of boring. I would have been better off holding off till some Salamandra were available IMO. If I had a choice between paying $45 for T Marms, or kaiseri, I would go T Marm the whole way.

Hobbyists certainly have driven the price down. I wonder if my group was to breed how many juvies I would be stuck with in the end because demand is so low.

Work is definitely being done. Results will be a bit in the making, but ....it takes a little time.

I feel that no caudate is worth more than 35 dollars. If folks can wait untill the weather cools down I know for a fact that the market will be flooded with this species for that price.

If I get my way (and I assure you this will happen) this species will be monetarily worthless in a relatively short time.

I have a "secret" weapon in my basement to counter any price higher than 35 USD...at least in the USA. Thanks to CITES regulations I personally cannot do anything for the rest of the world though I wish I could.

It was discussed a while back that folks should tackle the issue, but there were naysayers, high prices and next to zero availability to deal with.

Again, trust me when I say this is no longer an issue.

Now that N. kaiseri is CITES listed, my understanding is that they cannot be sold?

Now that N. kaiseri is CITES listed, my understanding is that they cannot be sold?

That is not correct for c.b. in the United States. Since they are not listed under the Endangered Species Act captive bred N. kaiseri are legal to sell and trade in the U.S. except in states and municipalities that have regulations against them.

Thanks Michael. I never knew it was legal to conduct commercial trade in CITES listed animals in the USA.

That is not correct for c.b. in the United States. Since they are not listed under the Endangered Species Act captive bred N. kaiseri are legal to sell and trade in the U.S. except in states and municipalities that have regulations against them.

Agreed. I have it from multiple sources that CB are for all intensive purposes CITES 2...so interstate trade is permissable. The exceptions are the handful of states where they are banned such as Washington.

I feel that no caudate is worth more than 35 dollars. If folks can wait untill the weather cools down I know for a fact that the market will be flooded with this species for that price.

If I get my way (and I assure you this will happen) this species will be monetarily worthless in a relatively short time.

I have a "secret" weapon in my basement to counter any price higher than 35 USD...at least in the USA. Thanks to CITES regulations I personally cannot do anything for the rest of the world though I wish I could.

It was discussed a while back that folks should tackle the issue, but there were naysayers, high prices and next to zero availability to deal with.

Again, trust me when I say this is no longer an issue.

That´s awesome to read. I´ve been away from the whole newt stuff for awhile and am finally making my way back to the forum and getting back to the community.

I´m glad you are playing a big part in all of this. I´ve always wanted Neurergus kaiseri and would like to get some soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its good they can still be made available to people, although i was told her in the uk, when i was after some that i wasnt experienced enough to keep them, funny considering i have kept herps since i was 10, some 3 decades of experience.

Things like that really put me off the hobby, and sadder still it was a member on here:mad:

Ben

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back