Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Axolotl owner from the UK!

Jwilliam

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’m just posting to ask for general tips on keeping my 2 Axolotls happy and healthy.. they seem to be flourishing in there new tank and I’ve really enjoyed watching them grown from babies into what I see now as teenagers. I have one wild time which I believe is a male, due to what looks like a sack under his his tail :eek: and a yellow albino which I’m not sure on the gender. So far I’m feeding them frozen blood worms and earth worms (chopped up). It’s so crazy that the 2 little guys have such different personalities. Axolotls have defiantly been my favourite pet I’ve ever owned I must admit!:D .. anyway thanks for reading ( feel free to show me your Axolotls :) - HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Welcome! For any specific questions you can go through the axolotl forum section. There's so much info! Basic tips from me would be: keep your water at a constant temp under 20 degrees (under 19 preferably), have a test kit and test weekly to see how big/often of a water change you need to do, check daily for poop so it doesn't raise ammonia, use more earthworms than bloodworms as they're the best diet. Post some pics of your babies so we can see! How old are they? It'll be hard to tell gender for a long time haha

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!