Photo: New Axolotl!

Quentari

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Quentari
I got a new axie today! A friend had to re-home him because she felt she couldn't take good enough care of him. His name WAS Pebble, but that was when she thought he was a girl :) I've never seen an axolotl that colour before, and it may be wishful thinking/bad camera but is that a red eye? Is he a copper maybe? that would be awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0792.jpg
    IMG_0792.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 199
i dont profess to be an expert on axies, but to me that deffo looks like a copper :) its a lovely looking axie.

i dont profess to be an expert on axies, but to me that deffo looks like a copper :) its a lovely looking axie.

Agreed! Healthy weight (gonna fatten him up a little though) plus fluffy gills :) he's gonna get spoilt rotten

ohh he is a handsome little chap! ... though i think pebble would still suit him :D

Don't know much about coppers, but he looks awesome~

<33 awwwww what a cute axie and I really like those eyes ♥ my first ever Axolotls/Salamanders (i'm not sure what they where as I was so young) where called Cobble and Pebble :'D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back