New home

Aussiemum

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Aussiemum
Well guys i finally got rid of the large pebbles that were in my tank and put down the sand. It is still merky but im sure that will settle in awhile. So now i can get on the way to making my guys happy and healthy. And as any one on this site would have done is take pics Lol So here they r.
Thanks for ure help and advise
DSCF2672.jpg

DSCF2707.jpg

DSCF2665.jpg

DSCF2671.jpg

DSCF2675.jpg

DSCF2679.jpg

DSCF2683.jpg

DSCF2685.jpg

DSCF2686.jpg

DSCF2687.jpg

DSCF2689.jpg

DSCF2692.jpg

DSCF2694.jpg

DSCF2695.jpg

DSCF2696.jpg

DSCF2699.jpg

DSCF2705.jpg

DSCF2708.jpg

What a lovely set up you have, however I have some concerns about the size of the snails as it is possible your pretty axolotl may try to eat them ( they may get stuck).

I'm not sure but I think those snails are apple snails. They should grow bigger. I have 3 apple snails in my axolotl tank, I did check their size before I bought them though. They are too big to fit in my axolotls mouth and they have been happily living in my tank for 2 weeks, doing their bit by eating algae.
You will need to keep an eye though if they don't grow as the axies will have them.

I had these snails in my other tank and have had a couple of them for awhile and my axies pay no attention to them. They will sniff n sit right next to them but never show any interest in eating them. I guess snail is not on these guys diet Lol.

Oh believe me, if the snails were small enough they would be lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back