rubyorchid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Ellie
Hi guys,

I'm new to this site. I was referred here from the FrogForum site as I believe one of your members (John?) breeds xenopus laevis??

I am looking for a wild type xenopus laevis to join my 3 year old female albino, Wilma.

971782_10152294789450351_819709161_n.jpg

Not fussed on gender, she is an avid egg layer (her last egg laying spree lasted 4 months!!) but I would not be harvesting/hatching any eggs myself, I will just leave them in the tank and if any survive and dont get eaten, good on them, I will find appropriate homes.

If John no longer breeds them, does anyone know of somewhere in the UK that does??

Ellie

Hello, welcome; poke around. We have an ad section with rules for posting ads, and an introduction section. John owns this forum, he's not just a member.

I am unable to post in the wanted/advertisement section until I have posted elsewhere 5 times, thus the introduction :p

Oooo, so John is the owner! It says he lives in the US though, and the lady who referred me said he lived in Wales?? If he is based in America then even if he does breed, shipping is not really feasible!

Ellie

Sorry, I just realised, duhhh, It wasnt John, it was someone called Ian??

Ellie

Ian wadelin on here breeds Xenopus Laevis. He lives in Wales- perhaps he is who the lady was referring to?

Yes, it was this Iain, thanks! :D

No problem. I hope you get the frogs you're looking for.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back