New planted tank with custom cabinet

Blaze

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Blaze
Hay guys,

as most of you would know, I change my tank around a fair bit but this time i've gone all out and designed a cabinet for a brand new tank for Sunny. The weather in QLD, Australia is ridiculous in summer and everyone knows cold water + humidty = condensation. As you can imagine condensation and tank stands do not mix! so I have designed a cabinet that has a rubber "bath" around it with a drain so that any condensation can go straight down into a bucket under the cabinet and won't harm my cabinet.

I also would like to let everyone know that planted tanks are absolutly possible in Axolotl tanks. Sunnys tank sits at 16degrees all year round and I have a lovely flourishing bunch of plants in there. At the moment i'm a bit short on time so I will post some photos a bit later :)

Blaze

Heres just a few pics :)
First one is of the "bath" I made and second is of it completed :)

Attachments

• 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    397.3 KB · Views: 457
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 66.JPG
    66.JPG
    395.5 KB · Views: 432
Looking good Blaze, I'm sure Sunny will love it.

I'm just about to get a new tank myself

Thanks :) Hes not too sure but it's been a long day so hes catching up on some sleep.

Goodluck with it! you'll have to post pictures when you get it :)

Good idea with the drain system you've set up. Even if it took you a fair bit of time (I don't know if it did or didn't!) I bet it'll save you a lot of pennies with not having to buy a new cabinet any time soon!

Tank looks good too! I do love your avatar of Sunny! :D

I've grown up building things from scratch with my parents from a young age so I just worked out all the measurements and design and did it all in about 2 hours. It definetly will save me alot in the long run :D

Sunny is a character! haha, he loooooves the camera and is always posing hehe.

Heres a better picture of my Axiescaping :)

Attachments

• 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,450
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back