New set up for Notophtalmus v.v.

T

triton

It's almost ready. I just need a bark oak cork to hide the filter and few more plants...
38233148.jpg

38232626.jpg

If you have any suggestions to make it better because I'm not sure if it's appropriate for Notophtalmus v.v.
wink.gif

Wow...It puts my N.v.v Tank to shame...I would say its appropriate...My N.v.v spends equal time in and out of the water...They really are a great species...Hope It works out for you.

Could you please tell me how you got it to look so nice? I'd like to try something better with my n. v. louisianensis.

It is still and quite simply rather fine stones that I stuck on the back wall with silicone. The joints (over the water) are then made with ground. When it's dry, it doesn't move any more.
Mosses and plants come from the end of forest which I have behind at home.
The watery plant is a "Callas Palustris" and it comes from the lake behind at home too. I should put others in a few days...
I made some clay injection in the substrate because this plant likes the clay soils rather...
wink.gif

Looks beautiful. It will work fine for Notophthalmus, but adults rarely use land, and when they do, they don't need as much as you have given. They can be kept totally aquatic, with the water level all the way up and thick stands of aquatic plants. When needed, they'll cimb up on top of floating plants and rest.

I do agree with Nate.
I suggest you to keep them totally aquatic, may be you could rise the water level so you keep it as beauty as it looks now.
Best greetings
Yago

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back